Jakarta sources reported that Star Indian shuttler P.V. Sindhu created history as she stormed into the women's single badminton final at the 2018 Asian Games here on Monday but her compatriot Saina Nehwal had to settle for a bronze. Meanwhile after defeating World No.2 Akane Yagamuchi of Japan 21-17, 15-21, 21-10 in the semis, the 23 year old became the first Indian shuttler to reach the final of badminton singles competition at the Asiad.
Accordingly Sindhu will now face Taiwan's Tai Tzu Ying on Tuesday. Further Nehwal had to settle for bronze after suffering a 21-17, 21-14 defeat in the semis and the 28 year old bronze is the first individual badminton medal at the Asiad for India in 36 years.
Moreover the clash
between Sindhu and Yagamuchi was a hard-fought, edge of the seat affair and the
score line read 6-6 in the first game before Sindhu started to attack
Yagamuchi's forehand to take a 11-8 lead at the break. Further the Indian
further extended her lead to 17-12 but three consecutive points by Yamaguchi
bought the Japanese back into the contest. Sindhu however, maintained her
dominance and sealed the first game in 22 minutes.
Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu Accordingly life in Jammu and Kashmir was adversely affected on Friday due to a protest shutdown called against the terror strike in the valley in which 45 CRPF personnel were killed in a suicide attack. Meanwhile the shutdown has been called by the Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI), an influential body of local traders and industrialists.
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?