Jakarta sources reported that Star Indian shuttler P.V. Sindhu created history as she stormed into the women's single badminton final at the 2018 Asian Games here on Monday but her compatriot Saina Nehwal had to settle for a bronze. Meanwhile after defeating World No.2 Akane Yagamuchi of Japan 21-17, 15-21, 21-10 in the semis, the 23 year old became the first Indian shuttler to reach the final of badminton singles competition at the Asiad.
Accordingly Sindhu will now face Taiwan's Tai Tzu Ying on Tuesday. Further Nehwal had to settle for bronze after suffering a 21-17, 21-14 defeat in the semis and the 28 year old bronze is the first individual badminton medal at the Asiad for India in 36 years.
Moreover the clash
between Sindhu and Yagamuchi was a hard-fought, edge of the seat affair and the
score line read 6-6 in the first game before Sindhu started to attack
Yagamuchi's forehand to take a 11-8 lead at the break. Further the Indian
further extended her lead to 17-12 but three consecutive points by Yamaguchi
bought the Japanese back into the contest. Sindhu however, maintained her
dominance and sealed the first game in 22 minutes.
Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months Washington sources reported that the Trump administration may deny green cards to immigrants who have availed or may avail government benefits including food and cash assistance under new rules which could negatively affect hundreds of thousands of Indians living in the US. Meanwhile the
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?