New Delhi sources stated that in a strongly worded letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has raised concerns over what he described as an “agenda” to “change the nature and character” of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML) and the Teen Murti complex. Furthermore when stating that Jawaharlal Nehru belongs “not just to the Congress” but to the “entire nation,” Singh has asked that the Teen Murti complex be left “undisturbed”.
Earlier Singh invoked former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and said that under Vajpayee’s six year tenure as PM, “there was absolutely no attempt made to change the nature and character of the NMML and the Teen Murti complex in any way, but sadly, that seems to be part of the agenda of the Government of India now.”
Moreover Singh’s letter comes amidst the
controversy surrounding the Government’s plans to set up a museum for all Prime
Ministers within the Teen Murti complex with the Congress alleging that it is
an attempt to “obliterate” Nehru’s legacy. Furthermore Singh wrote that NMML
“must remain a centre of first rate scholarship and professional excellence. Moreover
the museum itself must retain its primary focus on Jawaharlal Nehru and the
freedom movement because of his unique role having spent almost ten years in
jail between the early 1920s and mid-1940s.”
Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi" New Delhi sources stated that declaring that "dictatorship has become a vocation" in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's regime, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi today said that people in Chhattisgarh will remember the attack on his party's workers in Bilaspur as an act of "political persecution".
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!