Sources from Madurai stated that day ahead of his brother M K Stalin's elevation as the DMK president, expelled leader M K Alagiri on Monday hardened his stance saying he will continue with the proposed September 5 march and warned the party of consequences if he was not readmitted. Meanwhile the former Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam strongman in southern Tamilnadu, who has been flexing muscles since the death of his father M Karunanidhi on August 7, said the rally in Chennai was being organized as per the wishes of the cadres.
He told reporters “They (cadres) only wanted me to take the lead in organizing the march to pay homage (to Karunanidhi)”. Moreover he said he was doing all this to "save" the DMK following the demise of Karunanidhi. "Kalaingar (Karunanidhi) is not there now and the party has to be saved and protected," Alagiri said. "Moreover if they don't readmit him, they will have to face consequences”.
Furthermore Alagiri has been in political
hibernation since his expulsion from the party in 2014 by Karunanidhi. Moreover
he had also claimed that if he was not readmitted into the DMK, the party
leaders would face a similar defeat in the upcoming Lok Sabha election like in
the last Parliament and assembly polls. Further Alagiri wielded
considerable influence in the southern districts of Tamilnadu and was the
party's organizing secretary for the south zone before his expulsion.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu