Sources from Madurai stated that day ahead of his brother M K Stalin's elevation as the DMK president, expelled leader M K Alagiri on Monday hardened his stance saying he will continue with the proposed September 5 march and warned the party of consequences if he was not readmitted. Meanwhile the former Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam strongman in southern Tamilnadu, who has been flexing muscles since the death of his father M Karunanidhi on August 7, said the rally in Chennai was being organized as per the wishes of the cadres.
He told reporters “They (cadres) only wanted me to take the lead in organizing the march to pay homage (to Karunanidhi)”. Moreover he said he was doing all this to "save" the DMK following the demise of Karunanidhi. "Kalaingar (Karunanidhi) is not there now and the party has to be saved and protected," Alagiri said. "Moreover if they don't readmit him, they will have to face consequences”.
Furthermore Alagiri has been in political
hibernation since his expulsion from the party in 2014 by Karunanidhi. Moreover
he had also claimed that if he was not readmitted into the DMK, the party
leaders would face a similar defeat in the upcoming Lok Sabha election like in
the last Parliament and assembly polls. Further Alagiri wielded
considerable influence in the southern districts of Tamilnadu and was the
party's organizing secretary for the south zone before his expulsion.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy