Sources from Madurai stated that day ahead of his brother M K Stalin's elevation as the DMK president, expelled leader M K Alagiri on Monday hardened his stance saying he will continue with the proposed September 5 march and warned the party of consequences if he was not readmitted. Meanwhile the former Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam strongman in southern Tamilnadu, who has been flexing muscles since the death of his father M Karunanidhi on August 7, said the rally in Chennai was being organized as per the wishes of the cadres.
He told reporters “They (cadres) only wanted me to take the lead in organizing the march to pay homage (to Karunanidhi)”. Moreover he said he was doing all this to "save" the DMK following the demise of Karunanidhi. "Kalaingar (Karunanidhi) is not there now and the party has to be saved and protected," Alagiri said. "Moreover if they don't readmit him, they will have to face consequences”.
Furthermore Alagiri has been in political
hibernation since his expulsion from the party in 2014 by Karunanidhi. Moreover
he had also claimed that if he was not readmitted into the DMK, the party
leaders would face a similar defeat in the upcoming Lok Sabha election like in
the last Parliament and assembly polls. Further Alagiri wielded
considerable influence in the southern districts of Tamilnadu and was the
party's organizing secretary for the south zone before his expulsion.
Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project? Accordingly Jana Sena party president Pawan Kalyan has started the second phase of his ‘Praja Porata Yatra’ in Eluru of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh. Previously in May, Pawan had toured in the interior parts of Srikakulam district and moreover in the yatra this time, Pawan is reaching out to people across West Godavari district in as many as seven assembly constituencies.
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week