According to sources Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan took to face book to urge Malayalee’s across the globe to consider donating their one month’s salary to the Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund (CMDRF). Meanwhile when echoing the Chief Minister’s post, Kerala Governor P Sathasivam too urged those ‘holding high offices’ in the state to contribute their salaries to the relief efforts, after having given one month’s salary to the efforts himself.
Moreover following this, a number of people have come forward to contribute their salaries to the CM’s relief fund which would be used to rebuild the state. Accordingly the Kerala State General Education Secretary, A Shahjahan, was among the first to donate a month’s salary towards the relief measures. Further the list of contributors also includes minister Mercy Kuttiamma, State Police Chief and Director General of Police of Kerala Loknath Behera, Advocate General CP Sudhakara Prasad as well as Opposition MLAs Thiruvanjoor Radhakrishnan, Anwar Sadath and VS Shivakumar.
As per report s around 3,700 members of the
Secretariat Employees Association and all the employees in the office of the
state Health Minister KK Shailaja too donated their salaries to the CM’s fund.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!