Chennai sources stated that DMK on Tuesday demanded that the country’s highest civilian award ‘Bharat Ratna’ be conferred on former party president and patriarch M Karunanidhi who died on August 7. Meanwhile a resolution was moved by DMK lawmaker and propaganda secretary Trichy Siva and was unanimously adopted at the party’s General Council meeting held in Chennai to elect Karunanidhi’s son M K Stalin as DMK chief.
As per report Karunanidhi died on August 7 at a Chennai hospital following a prolonged illness and hence the 94 year old Dravidian stalwart had served as Tamil Nadu chief minister five times. Furthermore he was never a Member of Parliament and previously the party had asked the Centre to posthumously confer ‘Bharat Ratna’ upon Karunanidhi in recognition of his outstanding work and several achievements.
Recently after raising the issue during Zero Hour in Rajya Sabha, DMK
member Tiruchi Siva had said Kalaignar was the tallest leader of the country
and had contributed 80 years of his life to public service, fighting for the
cause of the downtrodden, backward and the suppressed people.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open