Accordingly following the heavy rains and flooding that wreaked havoc in Kerala, scientists at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has released images which show the state before and after the devastation occurred. Reports added in the image, one can see the heavily impacted areas of Pathanamthitta and Alappuzha as well as the neighboring district of Kottayam as a sea of blue, showing the extent of the flooding. Meanwhile the first image was taken on February 6 this year, while the second was taken on August 22.
Further NASA’s Operational Land Imager (OLI) on the Landsat 8 satellite took the images on February 6, while the second image was taken by European Space Agency’s satellite, Sentinel-2 and moreover the image taken after the floods shows what NASA calls “false-color,” after the waters had flooded the state. Moreover false color images show images in a different manner than how normal photographs would make them appear.
Reports stated that stark contrast can be observed in the two images, with
the second one showing an alarming rate of flooding. Moreover the water level, represented
in a dark blue color, is shown covering the green lands in the second image. Previously
NASA had released a video which showed the severity of the rainfall and noted
that the Western Ghats, the position of which enhances rainfall along the west
coast of India. Hence following the heavy rains which rampaged the state, over
3 lakh people have been forced to relocate to relief camps, of which 1,093 have
been set up in the state.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar