Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump offered brief praised for the late Republican Senator John Mc Cain, who passed away on August 25, in a statement after responding only with silence to questions about the Vietnam War veteran turned politician. Trump wrote in the four paragraph statement "Despite our differences on policy and politics, He respect Senator John McCain's service to our country," which dealt mainly in the logistical details he had approved for the week long remembrance ceremonies.
Moreover later, while meeting Evangelical leaders in the State Dining Room, Trump told reporters "Our hearts and prayers are going to the family of Senator John McCain and we very much appreciate everything Sen. McCain has done for our country".
Meanwhile it is a customary tradition in the US
that after the death of a person such as McCain a Vietnam War veteran and
prisoner of war who was tortured during his captivity, ultimately served for
decades in the Senate and was the Republican presidential nominee in 2008 for
flags to be lowered to half staff until after the funeral. Moreover he also
wrote that he asked Vice President Mike Pence to deliver remarks at a
ceremony celebrating McCain's life in the US Capital on Friday.
Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award According to sources despite her golden run in international athletics this season, teenaged sprint sensation Hima Das said she did not expect her name to be nominated for this year's Arjuna award. Meanwhile the 18 year old Assamese athlete was among the 20 sportsperson recommended for the Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24