Chennai sources stated that Dayalu Ammal, wife of late DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi, has been admitted to Apollo Hospital in Chennai. Meanwhile sources said she was hospitalized late on Tuesday night, but declined to comment on her health condition, saying a statement is likely to be issued later in the day and a statement on her condition is likely to be issued later in the day.
She was born in 1936 in Tamilnadu, Ammal is the mother of DMK chief M K Stalin. Moreover Ammal got married to Karunanidhi in 1946 when she was just 12 years old. Earlier in 2015, Dayalu and 18 others, including DMK MP Kanimozhi and former Telecom Minister A Raja, faced a trial in a case in which Enforcement Directorate (ED) had alleged that Rs 200 crore illegal gratification was routed to Kalaignar TV through an indirect way by promoters of Swan Telecom Pvt Ltd (STPL).
Previously a doctor had in 2015 told a special CBI court that Ammal could
not be involved in a money laundering case as she has been suffering from
Alzheimer’s and other age-related diseases for several years. Dr P Gopal, who
had been treating Ammal for three decades, had said “In 2012, it was noticed
that she was suffering from behavioral changes and experts were called in and
investigations proved that she was suffering from Alzheimer’s and so she was
taken to NIMHANS (National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences) in
Bangalore where they diagnosed as above and treatment was started”.
Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award According to sources despite her golden run in international athletics this season, teenaged sprint sensation Hima Das said she did not expect her name to be nominated for this year's Arjuna award. Meanwhile the 18 year old Assamese athlete was among the 20 sportsperson recommended for the Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24