Accordingly the Ganesh Chaturthi puja and immersion festival began about 35 years ago, when the Hindu Munnani’s founder Ramagopalan, led the procession with a handful of men at Triplicane in the city. Meanwhile gradually, inspired by his initiative, the installation and immersion of Lord Ganesh became a movement throughout Tamilnadu.
Recently this year the Hindu Munnani has plans to install 1.25 lakh idols of Lord Ganesh for puja and immersion. Moreover nearly one lakh idols were installed last year in the state. Last year. Chennai saw 5,501 idols of varying sizes and hues and further this time too, the organizers have planned to display the same spirit.
Moreover after claiming that Mr. Ramagopalan launched the Ganesh Chaturthi
celebrations inspired by Bal Gangadhar Tilak, nationalist, social reformer and
freedom fighter, the memorandum said since the last ten years, rattled by the
growth of this desa bhakti and Deiva bhakti, the DMK and AIADMK governments
have been attempting to pose hurdles to curb this spirit. Further the GO, the
HM said making all idols with clay, restricting the height of the idols to 10
feet, take idols only in heavy vehicles for immersion and limiting the number
of persons traveling in such vehicles.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7