Accordingly the Trump administration on Tuesday said it would explore regulating Google an effort that would challenge protections around free speech online in response to the president's allegations that the tech giant manipulates its search results to prominently display negative stories about him and other Republicans. Meanwhile as per report President Donald Trump in a pre-dawn tweet claimed that search returns for "Trump News" were "RIGGED for me & others, so that almost all stories & news is BAD".
Furthermore then, his top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, said the White House is now "taking a look" at whether, and how, Google should be regulated by the government. Moreover in the United States, regulating search results could violate the First Amendment, said lawmakers from both parties, free-speech advocates and tech experts. Reports added the Trump administration's threat drew rebukes from Democrats and even a few Republicans, who said government shouldn't play a role in monitoring search results or other content online.
Meanwhile Riva Sciuto, a spokeswoman for Google,
said when users "type queries into the Google Search bar, our goal is to
make sure they receive the most relevant answers in a matter of seconds. Furthermore
search is not used to set a political agenda, and we don't bias our results
toward any political ideology, but Google's algorithm is shrouded in secrecy,
and in the past, Google has faced investigations for giving preference to its
own products and services in search results.
Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months Washington sources reported that the Trump administration may deny green cards to immigrants who have availed or may avail government benefits including food and cash assistance under new rules which could negatively affect hundreds of thousands of Indians living in the US. Meanwhile the
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?