According to sources most school across Kerala reopened on Wednesday after a 10 day Onam break which coincided with the worst floods in a century that ravaged the state, turning many schools into refugee centres. Meanwhile hundreds of school students, many of whom were languishing in relief camps until the other day, returned to their classes for an emotional reunion with fellow students and teachers and in some cases to damaged school buildings.
Furthermore since August 9, Kerala witnessed unprecedented floods that left 1.4 million in over 3,000 relief camps, most of which were schools. Meanwhile the Education Minister C. Raveendranath, a former college professor, told the media on Wednesday that the floods had affected 650 schools and barring 211, all others had reopened. The Minister said "Today there will be no classes. Instead it will be more of an emotional counseling as a good number of these young minds have suffered on account of the rains and floods”.
Moreover many schools in Kuttanadu area in
Alappuzha district remained closed as a massive cleaning operation was on and however
in Idukki, one of the worst affected places, all the 458 schools reopened. An education
department official said "One school functioned from a nearby church hall.
It was only last evening that many of the schools were cleaned up". Further
in Kozhikode, there were relief camps in 160 schools and all of them are functioning.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu