After a long gap of 2 years after demonetization, the reserve Bank of India has finally finished counting all the money that was received. The concluding reports of the demonetization process have been shocking. On November 8, 2016, in an unexpected manner, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi had appeared on national television screens, and announced that the then existing 500 rupees and 1000 rupees notes have become invalid, and following this, people had been given deadlines to exchange their existing notes and get the newly printed notes.
People stood in long queues in Bank cash counters and in ATMs to get money and exchange money. This demonetization process had extended for several months, and many people had not got money during their needs and this demonetization process even lead to several deaths. While the demonetization process was announced as a means of eradicating black money from India, there were no reports on it later.
Now finally after counting all the
money received, the Reserve Bank of India has prepared a report. As per the
report, 15.44 lakh crores worth of notes were subjected to demonetization , and
of which only 15.31 lakh crores have been returned, which means, 99.3%notes
have returned to banks itself, and 13000 crores has not returned. Besides, the
demonetization money from Nepal and Bhutan are yet to be received. It must be
noted that in 2017 June 30, it was said that 15.28 lakh crores of money had
been returned, which amounted to 99%.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers