After a long gap of 2 years after demonetization, the reserve Bank of India has finally finished counting all the money that was received. The concluding reports of the demonetization process have been shocking. On November 8, 2016, in an unexpected manner, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi had appeared on national television screens, and announced that the then existing 500 rupees and 1000 rupees notes have become invalid, and following this, people had been given deadlines to exchange their existing notes and get the newly printed notes.
People stood in long queues in Bank cash counters and in ATMs to get money and exchange money. This demonetization process had extended for several months, and many people had not got money during their needs and this demonetization process even lead to several deaths. While the demonetization process was announced as a means of eradicating black money from India, there were no reports on it later.
Now finally after counting all the
money received, the Reserve Bank of India has prepared a report. As per the
report, 15.44 lakh crores worth of notes were subjected to demonetization , and
of which only 15.31 lakh crores have been returned, which means, 99.3%notes
have returned to banks itself, and 13000 crores has not returned. Besides, the
demonetization money from Nepal and Bhutan are yet to be received. It must be
noted that in 2017 June 30, it was said that 15.28 lakh crores of money had
been returned, which amounted to 99%.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers