Bengaluru sources stated that Cyber security leader Trend Micro said on Thursday that Crypto-jacking where a hacker steals crypto currencies like Bitcoin from digital wallets attempts are making the biggest impact so far this year, said the report titled "Midyear Security Roundup 2018."
Meanwhile Trend Micro recorded a 96% increase in crypto currency mining detections in the first half of 2018 compared to all of 2017, and a massive 956% increase in detections versus the first half of 2017. Furthermore as per report this indicates that cybercriminals are shifting away from the quick payout of ransomware in favor of the slower, behind the scenes approach of stealing computing power to mine digital currency.
Nilesh Jain, Vice President South East Asia and
India, Trend Micro said "We have also seen few Public Cloud providers getting
compromised this year. Furthermore next year, the customers who don't take
adequate measures to their applications or data which are hosted in Public
Cloud, might even get compromised". Moreover another shift in the
first half of the year is toward unusual malware types, such as file less,
macro and small file malware.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!