Chennai sources reported that the Tamilnadu government on Wednesday announced cash incentives for four sportspersons from the state who won medals in the ongoing Asian Games in Indonesia. Recently Chief Minister K Palaniswami lauded athlete Arokia Rajiv, member of the silver medal winning 4X400m mixed relay team for his feat and announced Rs 30 lakh cash incentive.
CM said in a letter to Rajiv telling him he had made TN and India proud with his achievement "He conveys his hearty congratulations to you on behalf of the people and Government of Tamilnadu on your splendid achievement". Meanwhile when recalling that the late CM J. Jayalalitha had enhanced the high cash incentive to sports persons bagging silver medals in international events, Palaniswami said Rajiv was now 'eligible' to get this incentive of Rs 30 lakh.
Furthermore the chief minister also announced a cash incentive of Rs 20
lakh each to three table tennis players G Sathiyan, Achanta Sharath Kamal and A
Amalraj for winning bronze medals in the Asiad. Moreover he conveyed his wishes
to the trio in separate letters to them and he said three of them would be
given a cash incentive of Rs 20 lakh each as per enhanced 'High Cash Incentive'
given to those winning bronze medals in international events.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?