The general secretary of Viduthalai Chiruthaigal party, Ravikumar has given a petition to Pondicherry Chief minister seeking police protection citing threat to life. Viduthalai Chiruthaigal general secreatary Ravikumar has been active in the party as well as
active as a writer.
Intelligence reports had claimed that there was
danger to his life. It was said that the people who had been arrested in connection with the gruesome murder of journalist Gauri Lankesh had planned to kill him as well. A report that he was the next target of them, was out two days back ..
He was informed to be safe, and this had created a huge tense situation among Viduthalai Chiruthaigal party members. Following this, he had met the Pondicherry chief minister Narayanasamy and filed a petition seeking police protection, and the chief minister has promised to take necessary action to offer protection.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!