In Vaniyanthangal of Thiruvannamalai district, when people were cleaning a common well, a 12th-century Boomadevi statue was discovered. People had been involved in the cleaning of a society well in Vaniyanthangal of Thiruvannamalai district,
During this process, they got hold of a Boomadevi statue which measured one and a half feet height, and the statue was found with its right hand and leg damaged. After getting to know the information, district officials like Manoharan, Raja and Mathiyazhagan rushed to the place and seized the statue.
It was later placed in the Taluka office, As said by the archaeological department, the statue found in the well was that of Boomadevi, mother earth, and that it belongs to the 12th century. Since the hand and leg are damaged, they cannot be used for people to worship.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees