During the Kalaignar M Karunanidhi memorial meeting held at Chennai yesterday, Trinamool Congress leader Derek O'Brien impressed everyone by paying tribute in Tamil itself. DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi had passed away on August 7 at Kauvery hospital following age related ailments and health deterioration, and today in the memorial event held at Nandanam Chennai, many national leaders participated.
During this event, Trinamool Congress leader Derek O'Brien mostly spoke in Tamil to pay his tribute. He greeted every member of DMK saying that Mamta Banerjee began Trinamool Congress with the support of such followers and today though he could speak In Bengali or English he wished to speak in Tamil. He said Karunanidhi was the leader of alliance politics and the real respect we can give him is by making DMK win all 40 constituencies of Tamilnadu.
He said that the future of India
lies in states like Tamilnadu and west Bengal and hence everyone must unite to
thwart the BJP rule in the centre. Derek O'Brien said he's ready to fight, and
asked DMK cadre are you ready, which got huge applause.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites