India has won its 13th Asian games gold medal today. India achieved this by winning the gold medal in women's 4x400 metres relay race event. This event saw the participation of Hima Das and her contribution in this victory was high. The others who were a part of the team were Poovamma, Saritha Ben and Vismaya.
In the mixes relay race event days back, India won the silver medal. This event witnessed slight delays after Bahrain player fell before hima Das. This time the Indian team had clever planning and made Hima Das run in the front.
While he lead from front
establishing a lead of 30 to 40 metres , the other players who followed suit
helped maintain the lead throughout the relay race event and ultimately Indians
clinched the gold medal by finishing the distance, clocking 3:28:72.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers