Accordingly Uber Elevate announced five shortlisted finalist countries that could be home to the first international Uber Air City within the next five years. Meanwhile Uber’s Elevate program is looking to enable urban aerial ridesharing globally, where starting in 2023 and Uber customers can get a flight on demand with uberAIR at the push of a button. Reports added Dallas and Los Angeles were previously announced as the first two US launch cities, and at the second annual Uber Elevate Summit in May, Uber announced it was seeking an international city as a third partner.
Furthermore as per report from the company, after evaluating countries across the globe, Uber announced at the Uber Elevate Asia Pacific Expo that Japan, India, Australia, Brazila and France are in the five countries it has shortlisted. Meanwhile the Uber Elevate team is now inviting conversations with stakeholders across major cities in these countries, and will announce the chosen Uber Air international city within the next six months.
Recently in India, Uber says, Mumbai, Delhi, and
Bangalore are some of the most congested cities in the world, where traveling
even a few kilometers can take over an hour. It said “Uber Air offers
tremendous potential to help create a transportation option that goes over
congestion, instead of adding to it”. Earlier in Australia, Uber has already
held talks with local policymakers and the Australian Civil Aviation Safety
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!