In the ongoing 2018 Asian games, India has won 13 gold medals, and is in the 8th position currently. In the previous 36 years, every other country that has been participating in Asian games has been witnessing an increase in the number of gold medals, while India alone does not see an increase in gold medals. In 1982, India has been the host of Asian games and in that edition of Asian games, India won 57 medals, securing the 5th position, and just like the usual belief of host nation winning more, in 1951 and 1982, India won more than 50 medals.
This time though India is set to clinch more than 64 medals this is not an improvement in reality. Even with more number of games introduced, India has not been winning medals. In 1982 147 games were held, while now there are 465 events, and countries like China, Japan and South Korea are constantly improving, with an increase of 30 to 150%.
While all the other Asian countries
are constantly rising in the medals tally with every edition, India alone has
not shown good improvement in Asian games.
Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India New Delhi sources stated that popular video sharing platform TikTok, owned by Chinese tech company ByteDance said the company was committed to maintaining a safe and positive in-app environment for its users in India. Meanwhile when reacting to a report on how Hindu chauvinistic videos thrive on TikTok, ByteDance said that the video sharing app as well as its social media platform
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?