In the ongoing 2018 Asian games, India has won 13 gold medals, and is in the 8th position currently. In the previous 36 years, every other country that has been participating in Asian games has been witnessing an increase in the number of gold medals, while India alone does not see an increase in gold medals. In 1982, India has been the host of Asian games and in that edition of Asian games, India won 57 medals, securing the 5th position, and just like the usual belief of host nation winning more, in 1951 and 1982, India won more than 50 medals.
This time though India is set to clinch more than 64 medals this is not an improvement in reality. Even with more number of games introduced, India has not been winning medals. In 1982 147 games were held, while now there are 465 events, and countries like China, Japan and South Korea are constantly improving, with an increase of 30 to 150%.
While all the other Asian countries
are constantly rising in the medals tally with every edition, India alone has
not shown good improvement in Asian games.
Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia According to sources India's vice captain Rohit Sharma said the team played a few close matches in Australia the last time around, but want to make it count on the current tour. Meanwhile Rohit said it feels good to perform in Australia as it gives a player a lot of confidence.
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates