Washington sources reported that the US Justice Department accused Harvard University Thursday of discriminating against Asian applicants, ramping up the Trump administration's opposition to widespread policies seeking to manage racial balance among students. Accordingly the department filed a statement with Boston federal court endorsing a lawsuit by an Asian students group that charged prestigious university with preferring whites, blacks and Hispanics at the expense of more academically deserving Asians.
Meanwhile the move came two months after the Trump government announced it was cancelling the previous Obama administration's support for so-called "affirmative action" programs, by which universities seek to boost the numbers of under represented minorities, particularly Hispanics and African and Americans.
Recently Harvard moved in court to have the judge
rule without a jury trial, arguing that its admission of Asian and Americans
has risen 29% over the last decade and furthermore Harvard also said that in
the class of students entering the university this year, 22.7% were Asian and
American, 15.5% African and American, and 12.2% Hispanic. Moreover the Justice
Department opposes a summary ruling, saying Harvard has not proven its lack of
Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar? Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami defended the protests against AR Murugadoss’ Deepawali release Sarkar which was a target of protests by members of the ruling party. Meanwhile the AIADMK had staged protests last week claiming that certain scenes in the movie insulted former Tamilnadu CM J Jayalalitha.
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan