Washington sources reported that the US Justice Department accused Harvard University Thursday of discriminating against Asian applicants, ramping up the Trump administration's opposition to widespread policies seeking to manage racial balance among students. Accordingly the department filed a statement with Boston federal court endorsing a lawsuit by an Asian students group that charged prestigious university with preferring whites, blacks and Hispanics at the expense of more academically deserving Asians.
Meanwhile the move came two months after the Trump government announced it was cancelling the previous Obama administration's support for so-called "affirmative action" programs, by which universities seek to boost the numbers of under represented minorities, particularly Hispanics and African and Americans.
Recently Harvard moved in court to have the judge
rule without a jury trial, arguing that its admission of Asian and Americans
has risen 29% over the last decade and furthermore Harvard also said that in
the class of students entering the university this year, 22.7% were Asian and
American, 15.5% African and American, and 12.2% Hispanic. Moreover the Justice
Department opposes a summary ruling, saying Harvard has not proven its lack of
Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam Hyderabad sources reported that Gurupreet Singh Anand, the original complainant in the QNet multi level marketing (MLM) scam has demanded a detailed probe of the role played by Bollywood stars like Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Anil Kapoor, Boman Irani and Pooja Hegde in promoting the company. Meanwhile the case pertains to alleged "cheating" by the Vihaan Direct Selling Pvt Ltd Company, a sub-franchisee of QI Group in India, marketing under brand name of QNet.
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?