According to sources creating the largest telecom company in India, Idea Cellular and Vodafone have merged their operations and have officially become operational as a single entity under the name ‘Vodafone Idea Limited’. Meanwhile after National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) cleared the merger on Friday, Vodafone Idea topples Bharti Airtel as the largest telecom service provider in India with a subscriber base of over 408 million.
As per report Idea Cellular’s MD Himanshu Kapania has stepped down and will continue as a non-executive director of the merged entity. Furthermore as far as the consumer is concerned, nothing will change as the Vodafone and Idea brands will continue to run independently. Moreover the current plans for both the telecom companies will continue and given the larger spectrum footprint that the merged entity will now have, the company may combine services in the future and launch combined plans.
The company said in a statement “We will continue to
offer a wide variety of digital services and solutions under both of our
popular and loved brands (Vodafone and Idea). Meanwhile services including
Voice, Data, Mobile payments, IoT, advanced enterprise offerings and
entertainment”. Further Vodafone Idea will also offer a variety of digital
services and solutions including mobile payments, Internet of Things
(IoT), advanced enterprise offerings and entertainment.
Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches Accordingly affluent AC passengers are the prime suspects as over 21 lakh towels, bed sheets, blankets and other items went missing from air-conditioned coaches during 2017-18. As official said “The passengers are suspected to have made off with precisely 21,72,246 "bedroll items" including 12,83,415 hand towels, 4,71,077 bed sheets and 3,14,952 pillow covers from trains across the country
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!