According to sources creating the largest telecom company in India, Idea Cellular and Vodafone have merged their operations and have officially become operational as a single entity under the name ‘Vodafone Idea Limited’. Meanwhile after National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) cleared the merger on Friday, Vodafone Idea topples Bharti Airtel as the largest telecom service provider in India with a subscriber base of over 408 million.
As per report Idea Cellular’s MD Himanshu Kapania has stepped down and will continue as a non-executive director of the merged entity. Furthermore as far as the consumer is concerned, nothing will change as the Vodafone and Idea brands will continue to run independently. Moreover the current plans for both the telecom companies will continue and given the larger spectrum footprint that the merged entity will now have, the company may combine services in the future and launch combined plans.
The company said in a statement “We will continue to
offer a wide variety of digital services and solutions under both of our
popular and loved brands (Vodafone and Idea). Meanwhile services including
Voice, Data, Mobile payments, IoT, advanced enterprise offerings and
entertainment”. Further Vodafone Idea will also offer a variety of digital
services and solutions including mobile payments, Internet of Things
(IoT), advanced enterprise offerings and entertainment.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers