Accordingly as per forwarded messages on WhatsApp and other similar messaging platforms and social media posts claiming banks will be closed during the period of September 2- September 9 are false, said the central government. Meanwhile after the messages claiming that bank workers will go on strike over the first week of September went viral and created panic across the country, the Press Information Bureau tweeted that banks will remain open on all days except Sunday in most states.
Meanwhile in a graphic attached to the same tweet, PIB said that banks will remain open and activity will continue unimpeded in the first week of September. As per report it added that banks will remain open on all days except September 2 which is a Sunday and September 8 which is a second Saturday. Moreover it further stated that September 3 (Janmashtami) is not a closed holiday across the country and services will be affected only in those states in which it is a declared holiday.
Further more importantly, ATMs and online
transactions across the country will continue to function normally during this
period and the central government’s clarification comes after the bank unions
also clarified that the messages going around are a hoax. National Organization
of Bank Workers Vice President Ashwani Rana told "The message going around
in the social media that banks will be closed for six days in the first week of
September due to holidays and bank strike is not correct".
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day