Accordingly as per forwarded messages on WhatsApp and other similar messaging platforms and social media posts claiming banks will be closed during the period of September 2- September 9 are false, said the central government. Meanwhile after the messages claiming that bank workers will go on strike over the first week of September went viral and created panic across the country, the Press Information Bureau tweeted that banks will remain open on all days except Sunday in most states.
Meanwhile in a graphic attached to the same tweet, PIB said that banks will remain open and activity will continue unimpeded in the first week of September. As per report it added that banks will remain open on all days except September 2 which is a Sunday and September 8 which is a second Saturday. Moreover it further stated that September 3 (Janmashtami) is not a closed holiday across the country and services will be affected only in those states in which it is a declared holiday.
Further more importantly, ATMs and online
transactions across the country will continue to function normally during this
period and the central government’s clarification comes after the bank unions
also clarified that the messages going around are a hoax. National Organization
of Bank Workers Vice President Ashwani Rana told "The message going around
in the social media that banks will be closed for six days in the first week of
September due to holidays and bank strike is not correct".
"Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app According to sources aiming to take on mobile dating apps such as Tinder and Bumble, social networking giant Facebook started testing its new dating product in Colombia. As per report "At first glance, 'Facebook Dating' closely resembles its competitor Hinge. Both depart from the swiping model popularized by Tinder in favor of asking users to answer question prompts and start conversations based on something in a person's profile".
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?