Chennai sources stated that DMK president M K Stalin will chair a meeting of party district secretaries, MPs and MLAs here on September 8, focusing specifically on party development. As per the meeting, the first to be chaired by Stalin after he took over as party chief on August 28, assumes significance for various factors like the demand of his estranged brother M K Alagiri to re-admit him and his supporters into the DMK.
Accordingly Madurai based Alagiri is set to hold a rally touted to be a show of strength by his loyalists in the Temple City on Sept. 5 to pay homage to his late father and former Chief Minister M Karunanidhi. Moreover the by-polls to the two Assembly constituencies due to the recent deaths of sitting legislators; DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi (Tiruvarur) and AIADMK MLA A.K. Bose (Thirupparankundram) and civic polls are set to come up for discussion during the meeting.
Furthermore local body elections are expected in Tamilnadu in view of the
State Election Commission apprising the Madras High Court last month that it
could notify polls within three months from the day the government accepted its
delimitation proposal. Hence preparations needed for the Lok Sabha election
next year are also likely to be discussed by the party. Moreover a party
release by DMK General Secretary K Anbazhagan called upon the district
secretaries, MPs (Rajya Sabha) and MLAs to take part in the meet without fail.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!