New Delhi sources made a statement that President Ram Nath Kovind on Saturday expressed concerns over the huge pendency of cases in various courts across the country and said frequent adjournments sought by lawyers are one of the reasons for delay in disposal.
Meanwhile when inaugurating a national conference on “Technology, Training, and Infrastructure Key to Speedy Justice” which was organized by the Supreme Court Advocates on Record Association (SCAORA) at Vigyan Bhavan, President pointed out that there is a backlog of 3.3 crore cases in various courts.
As per report he cited several reasons for pendency of cases including the
infrastructure gaps and frequent adjournments took by the lawyers in the
courts. Moreover there is a culture of seeking adjournments as a norm rather than
an exception. The President said new thinking is gradually taking place on
Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar? Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami defended the protests against AR Murugadoss’ Deepawali release Sarkar which was a target of protests by members of the ruling party. Meanwhile the AIADMK had staged protests last week claiming that certain scenes in the movie insulted former Tamilnadu CM J Jayalalitha.
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan