With the rains reducing and floods subsiding, Kerala is slowly returning to normalcy and now Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan has accused Tamilnadu as the reason behind the Kerala floods. Pinarayi Vijayan has said that when the height of water in Mulla Periyar dam was at 139 Feet had Tamilnadu opened water step by step, they could have also opened Idukki dam step by step but Tamilnadu has opened at 142 feet, and this lead to floods in Kerala, at the Supreme Court.
However this wasn't right as even when the height was 138 feet, Kerala's Ernakulam and Aluva were flooded badly, and it was Idukki water release that lead to huge flood and that Tamilnadu not opening mulla Periyar at that time actually had saved Kerala. Even Kerala opposition leader Ramesh chennithala had accused Kerala government of opening all dams and to escape these accusations they are blaming Tamilnadu now.
It must be noted that TN had fought
a legal battle for years to store 142 feet water at Mulla Periyar but it was
reduced to 139 as Kerala cited Floods and now they've blamed Tamilnadu for the
recent floods as well.
Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja! Due to the rampage caused by Gaja cyclone, Nagapattinam district's Vedaranyam area has become an island surrounded by water all over. The people residing in Vedaranyam are facing a tough time, as they are facing troubles even in getting food and water. Now the condition is that it requires more than 6 hours taking resources like food and water into Vedaranyam.
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches