New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the payments bank of Indian postal department that will take banking to doorstep of every citizen through an unmatched network of post offices and almost 3 lakh postmen and 'Grameen Dak Sewaks'. Accordingly Indian Post Payment Bank (IPPB) will be like any other banks but its operations will be on a smaller scale without involving any credit risk and moreover it will carry out most banking operations like accepting deposits but can't advance loans or issue credit cards.
Meanwhile the freshly minted payments bank will accept deposits of up to Rs. 1 lakh, offer remittance services, mobile payments/transfers/purchases and other banking services like ATM/debit cards, net banking and third party fund transfers. Moreover Communications Minister Manoj Sinha said IPPB will be available through 650 branches and 3,250 access points. He said “Deposits in any account that exceed Rs. 1 lakh will be automatically converted into post office savings account”.
government owns 100% in IPPB, which has been set up under the aegis of the
Department of Posts, and will offer products and services through multiple
channels such as counter services, micro ATMs, mobile banking app, messages and
interactive voice response.
Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks! The investigation in the Kodanadu estate death case has reached a intense point, as the two main accused Manoj and Sayan were arrested yesterday. The sensational Kodanadu estate case has turned out to be the most talked about issue in Tamilnadu politics with new shocking updates unraveling the mystery.
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post