Washington sources reported that Former US presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush, once fierce rivals of the late Senator John McCain, praised him in eulogies and joined his daughter at a memorial service in subtle and not so subtle rebukes of President Donald Trump. Meanwhile without naming Trump, who did not attend the service, Meghan McCain made a forceful statement condemning the president in remarks that at times drew applause and came after she said her dad told her to "show them how tough you are" with her eulogy.
She said “We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly, nor the opportunistic appropriation of those who live lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served," and speaking forcefully and, at times, through tears. Furthermore when taking aim at Trump's campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again," she said McCain's America was always great. Moreover Trump feuded publicly with McCain and mocked his military service, continuing to knock him even after he grew ill.
Furthermore Trump, also
a Republican, spent Saturday tweeting on other subjects and went to one of his
private golf clubs in Virginia. Previously Obama, who beat McCain in the 2008
US presidential election, hailed the one time prisoner of war for his
commitment to truth and core democratic values, qualities that some critics see
lacking in Trump, a former reality television star and New York City real
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!