Washington sources reported that Former US presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush, once fierce rivals of the late Senator John McCain, praised him in eulogies and joined his daughter at a memorial service in subtle and not so subtle rebukes of President Donald Trump. Meanwhile without naming Trump, who did not attend the service, Meghan McCain made a forceful statement condemning the president in remarks that at times drew applause and came after she said her dad told her to "show them how tough you are" with her eulogy.
She said “We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly, nor the opportunistic appropriation of those who live lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served," and speaking forcefully and, at times, through tears. Furthermore when taking aim at Trump's campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again," she said McCain's America was always great. Moreover Trump feuded publicly with McCain and mocked his military service, continuing to knock him even after he grew ill.
Furthermore Trump, also
a Republican, spent Saturday tweeting on other subjects and went to one of his
private golf clubs in Virginia. Previously Obama, who beat McCain in the 2008
US presidential election, hailed the one time prisoner of war for his
commitment to truth and core democratic values, qualities that some critics see
lacking in Trump, a former reality television star and New York City real
Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks! The investigation in the Kodanadu estate death case has reached a intense point, as the two main accused Manoj and Sayan were arrested yesterday. The sensational Kodanadu estate case has turned out to be the most talked about issue in Tamilnadu politics with new shocking updates unraveling the mystery.
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post