Sources from Madurai stated that Expelled DMK leader M K Alagiri on Sunday said he would go ahead with the proposed September 5 rally in Chennai, touted as a show of strength by his supporters. He told "He is Thalaivar's late DMK Chief M Karunanidhi son, so he will do what he said," and when asked about the silent rally proposed by him to pay homage to his father, who died on August 7.Meanwhile, he refused to respond to a query on the party's silence to his request to readmit him.
Meanwhile earlier Alagiri, who has been claiming since Karunanidhi's death that loyal party workers were with him, had said the DMK, would face threat after his rally. As per report Alagiri had expressed his willingness to accept DMK president M K Stalin's leadership with a rider to readmit him into the party.
Moreover the former union minister has been in political hibernation since
his expulsion from the party in 2014 by Karunanidhi. Furthermore as per report
he was sacked at the height of his fight with Stalin over establishing
supremacy in the party.
Special Focus Hide
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know