As per report earlier in 2017, S Anitha killed herself after her dreams of becoming a doctor were crushed because she was unable to clear the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Meanwhile a year later, her family has now built a library in her memory in Kuzhumur village in Ariyalur district and the library was unveiled on Saturday the first anniversary of Anitha’s death.
Accordingly the library has been built at a cost of Rs 45 lakh. It was inaugurated by the President of Dravidar Kazhagam K Veeramani and Thol Thirumavalavan, the Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi leader. Moreover it was built using the money given to the family by various political parties and other organizations after her death and it has around 2,500 books in it. As per report after the inauguration, K Veeramani said that Anitha had fought for an exemption from NEET until her last breath.
Further Thirumavalavan addressed the gathering and said that NEET has made marks unimportant and that it shattered the ambitions of many students who dream of pursuing MBBS. He said “Anitha was a Dalit girl, the daughter of a daily wage laborer, who scored extremely well in her 12th board exams, but she failed to make the cut in NEET, and unable to take the disappointment over not getting a medical seat, she killed herself on September 1, 2017 and hence the Supreme Court had on August 22 ordered the Tamilnadu government to begin medical admissions based on NEET.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open