New Delhi sources stated that after hitting back at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his remarks on loans given during the UPA rule, former Finance Minister P Chidambaram asked the NDA government to reveal the number of loans given by it which turned into non-performing assets (NPA). Meanwhile in a series of tweets, the senior Congress leader also questioned why the present dispensation did not recall those loans, given by the previous government, which turned bad.
He asked “How many loans and how much that was given after May 2014 has become non-performing assets?". Moreover Chidambaram said this question was asked in Parliament but there was no answer so far and as per report Modi government had assumed charge in May 2014. Meanwhile when addressing an event, the Prime Minister on Saturday blamed the Congress led UPA government for NPAs, saying action has been initiated against 12 large defaulters with a debt of nearly Rs 1.75 crore, who were given loans before 2014.
Furthermore Modi said work has been on to recover around Rs 1 lakh crore
from another 27 large loan accounts. Finally Chidambaram said even if it was
assumed that the Prime Minister was right when he said that loans given under
the UPA have turned bad, how many of those loans were renewed or rolled over
under the present NDA government?
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections