Accordingly as the state of Kerala slowly rebuilds itself after the devastating floods, the state is now faced with the task of battling the outbreak of leptospirosis, or ‘rat fever,’ which is being reported in increasingly high numbers. Reports added 3 more deaths were reported over the weekend, taking the total death toll since August 1 to thirty nine. Recently 42 year old Prameela from Malappuram and 42 year old Saleemsha from Kozhikode succumbed to the disease on Saturday and 34 year old Vijeesh from Kozhikode died on Sunday.
Furthermore currently, 68 suspected cases and 33 confirmed cases of leptospirosis have been reported in the state. Moreover on August 28, the state Health Department issued an alert in 5 districts, Thrissur, Palakkad, Kozhikode, Malappuram and Kannur following a sudden spike in suspected cases of leptospirosis in these districts. Moreover Additional Chief Secretary, Rajeev Sadanand, confirmed to TNM that the alerts have been issued in most parts of the state, including Kasargod, which was previously not under any alert.
He said “Alerts have been issued in most of the
districts. We are beginning to suspect that though people were instructed to
take preventive measures and given doxycycline tablets for the same, many seem
to not have taken the tablets, which is why we are probably seeing such a high
influx of cases now. Moreover it seems as though most people did not come
forward and take doxycycline as a preventive step”.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code