Accordingly as the state of Kerala slowly rebuilds itself after the devastating floods, the state is now faced with the task of battling the outbreak of leptospirosis, or ‘rat fever,’ which is being reported in increasingly high numbers. Reports added 3 more deaths were reported over the weekend, taking the total death toll since August 1 to thirty nine. Recently 42 year old Prameela from Malappuram and 42 year old Saleemsha from Kozhikode succumbed to the disease on Saturday and 34 year old Vijeesh from Kozhikode died on Sunday.
Furthermore currently, 68 suspected cases and 33 confirmed cases of leptospirosis have been reported in the state. Moreover on August 28, the state Health Department issued an alert in 5 districts, Thrissur, Palakkad, Kozhikode, Malappuram and Kannur following a sudden spike in suspected cases of leptospirosis in these districts. Moreover Additional Chief Secretary, Rajeev Sadanand, confirmed to TNM that the alerts have been issued in most parts of the state, including Kasargod, which was previously not under any alert.
He said “Alerts have been issued in most of the
districts. We are beginning to suspect that though people were instructed to
take preventive measures and given doxycycline tablets for the same, many seem
to not have taken the tablets, which is why we are probably seeing such a high
influx of cases now. Moreover it seems as though most people did not come
forward and take doxycycline as a preventive step”.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?