Accordingly as the state of Kerala slowly rebuilds itself after the devastating floods, the state is now faced with the task of battling the outbreak of leptospirosis, or ‘rat fever,’ which is being reported in increasingly high numbers. Reports added 3 more deaths were reported over the weekend, taking the total death toll since August 1 to thirty nine. Recently 42 year old Prameela from Malappuram and 42 year old Saleemsha from Kozhikode succumbed to the disease on Saturday and 34 year old Vijeesh from Kozhikode died on Sunday.
Furthermore currently, 68 suspected cases and 33 confirmed cases of leptospirosis have been reported in the state. Moreover on August 28, the state Health Department issued an alert in 5 districts, Thrissur, Palakkad, Kozhikode, Malappuram and Kannur following a sudden spike in suspected cases of leptospirosis in these districts. Moreover Additional Chief Secretary, Rajeev Sadanand, confirmed to TNM that the alerts have been issued in most parts of the state, including Kasargod, which was previously not under any alert.
He said “Alerts have been issued in most of the
districts. We are beginning to suspect that though people were instructed to
take preventive measures and given doxycycline tablets for the same, many seem
to not have taken the tablets, which is why we are probably seeing such a high
influx of cases now. Moreover it seems as though most people did not come
forward and take doxycycline as a preventive step”.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open