According to sources the Indian rupee reversed all the gains made earlier in the day to close at an all time low of Rs 71.21 per dollar on Monday, tracking a weak trend among its global peers and amid concerns of a wider trade deficit. Meanwhile as per report for the first time ever, the rupee closed below the 71 mark following the weak trend in emerging market currencies and rising crude oil prices.
Earlier on August 16, the rupee had fallen to a record low of Rs 70.20 per dollar. Moreover the value of the Rupee has been falling since the beginning of 2018 and is reported to have slipped around 9% this year and it has also been reported that a heavy sell off in global currencies increased the demand for safe haven assets and caused the value of the rupee to go down. Furthermore according to analysts, this crisis reflects Turkey’s refusal to raise interest rates to curb double digit inflation.
Recently this fall of the rupee against the dollar will go on to affect
the buying capabilities of the country, in relation to imports and hence it
will also start inflating household expenses and affecting personal budgets. Moreover
Indian students who have taken loans to fund their foreign degrees will also be
affected since students pay for their living expenses abroad in foreign
currency but their loans are in Indian Rupees. Further the experts opine that
the consecutive hike in RBI repo rate is also a contributory factor to the
falling value of the Indian Rupee.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!