According to sources Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi supported the move of Centralized Admission Committee (Centac) in the ongoing controversy over filling 50 MBBS seats in Pondicherry Institute of Medical Science (PIMS) and urged the medical aspirants and parents not to fall prey in any trap on the issue of medical admissions. Meanwhile PIMS had already completed admission by August 31 as per the deadline set by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Recently the controversy started after Centralized Admission Committee (Centac) cancelled the scheduled counseling on September 3, allowing the institution to fill the 50 seats (17 seats under government quota and 33 under management quota) from 1:10 merit list furnished by Centac on August 31.
Meanwhile the students who were waiting for admission under the government
quota raised complaints that they had no information on the counseling and
admission. Furthermore the Lt Governor, on the other hand, supported the
decision of Centac and said that PIMS is bound by the list of Centac and should
follow the merit list given by CENTAC for admission. Ms Bedi said “No list is
valid until it is approved by Centac and MCI and the list is to be vetted and
submitted by Centac to MCI. Centac will verify if students were contacted by
PIMS for admission and did not do a pick and choose”.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?