According to sources Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi supported the move of Centralized Admission Committee (Centac) in the ongoing controversy over filling 50 MBBS seats in Pondicherry Institute of Medical Science (PIMS) and urged the medical aspirants and parents not to fall prey in any trap on the issue of medical admissions. Meanwhile PIMS had already completed admission by August 31 as per the deadline set by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Recently the controversy started after Centralized Admission Committee (Centac) cancelled the scheduled counseling on September 3, allowing the institution to fill the 50 seats (17 seats under government quota and 33 under management quota) from 1:10 merit list furnished by Centac on August 31.
Meanwhile the students who were waiting for admission under the government
quota raised complaints that they had no information on the counseling and
admission. Furthermore the Lt Governor, on the other hand, supported the
decision of Centac and said that PIMS is bound by the list of Centac and should
follow the merit list given by CENTAC for admission. Ms Bedi said “No list is
valid until it is approved by Centac and MCI and the list is to be vetted and
submitted by Centac to MCI. Centac will verify if students were contacted by
PIMS for admission and did not do a pick and choose”.
Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter Los Angeles sources stated that President Donald Trump likely had a free speech right to make a Twitter comment disputing allegations by adult film actress Stormy Daniels, a federal judge said on Monday, indicating he was inclined to dismiss her defamation lawsuit against Trump. Meanwhile Daniels, whose real name
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!