Bhopal sources stated that Congress ticket aspirants in Madhya Pradesh will be evaluated on their use of social media with the state Congress sending a missive that they should have a Facebook page with 15,000 likes, Twitter account with 5,000 followers and WhatsApp group of booth workers in their neighborhood. Accordingly the directions have been conveyed by the state Congress in a letter which refers to steps being taken by the Congress to improve its social media outreach.
Meanwhile the letter says that aspirants for party tickets in the Assembly polls later this year will be evaluated for their use of social media and it also spells out the criteria for judging the activeness in using social media. The letter said "Having Facebook page and twitter account is mandatory. Being active on WhatsApp is mandatory and it is mandatory to have 15,000 likes on the Facebook page, 5,000 followers on Twitter and having a WhatsApp group of booth members in the neighborhood”.
Moreover Party spokesperson Shobha Oza said that social media activity was
not the only criteria for ticket selection but the party wants those contesting
the election to use it extensively. Shobha said social media was used by the Bharatiya
Janata Party (BJP) in the last election to take its "jumlas" to the
people and the party could not counter it effectively.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers