Ganesh Chaturthi , also called Vinayakar Chaturthi is a 10-day-festival celebrated to commemorate the birth of Lord Ganesha, the son of Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva’s. Lord Ganesha is hailed as the god of beginnings and is worshiped at beginning of any activity or event as the lord is considered to be a destroyer of evil, eliminating obstacles and giving prosperity and success.
This festival celebrating the birthday of Lord Ganesha is popular among all sections of the society, as the day unites people from different religions, castes and languages together to rejoice Ganesha’s birth.
On Ganesh Chathurthi, people offer
prayers to Lord Ganesha and seek his blessings, and it is a common practice for
people to pray with statues of Lord Ganesha at home, and days later, they
immerse the statues in sea or water bodies. This has been a practice every year
on eve of Ganesh Chathurthi.
AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto Sources from Raipur stated that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Sunday promised a corruption free administration, prohibition and a loan waiver for farmers if elected to power in Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile when releasing its manifesto in Raipur for the state polls, which the AAP is contesting for the first time, the Arvind Kejriwal led party announced a slew of measures for different sections of the society.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!