While there are many tales around the birth of lord Ganesha here's a most common tale explaining the origin of the festival, commonly called as Ganesh Chaturthi. One of the most popular stories is about the birth of Ganesha during Goddess Parvati’s bath. As per popular myth, Goddess Parvati, had been bathing and during her bath, created Ganesha using the dirt on her body and told him to protect her and not allow anyone inside till she finished bathing.
Lord Shiva, who was not around when Ganesha was created by her, came after a while and was shocked to see a stranger waiting and guarding outside his wife’s private chamber. When Shiva tried to enter, Lord Ganesha who never knew Shiva was her husband stopped him. Following this Ganesha and in a combat Lord Shiva were involved in a fight which ultimately ended with Shiva severing Ganesha’s head.
Getting to know this huge issue,
Parvati came out to see her child and explained that he was her creation
and as Shiva could not fix the original head of Ganesha, he got the head of the
first living being, an elephant, and attached its head to his body and thus
Lord Ganesha was created.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?