Usually every year before the advent of Ganesh Chaturthi, mithai shops and devotees get busy preparing one of Ganesha's favorite sweets known as the Modak. His immense love for modaks has also earned him the title of 'Modapriya'.
Although an array of fresh and seasonal fruits are offered to Lord Ganesha as bhog, the elephant headed God's love for bananas is no surprise. People also offer garlands made with banana leaves along with the stem of the banana plant and banana flowers.
Out of all the varieties of laddus, the bright orange Motichoor Laddu is his favorite and is often served as prasad. On the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, a lot of sweet shops sell these bright colored laddus that are offered as prasad after the pooja.
Durva Grass is a plant with three blades and is known to have immense power to attract Lord Ganesha's energy. 21 blades of Durva grass are tied together, dipped in holy water and then offered at the deity's feet.
Lord Shiva offered Kubera a handful of roasted rice and asked him to serve it to Ganesha with utmost love and devotion. Lord Kubera did as he was told and after eating just a handful of roasted rice Lord Ganesha's hunger was finally suppressed and so therefore, puffed rice is offered to Lord Ganesha.
10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing Beijing sources reported that around 10,000 people are expected to take part in a "Plant-Based Festival" in Beijing this weekend as many people in China are pursuing healthy, eco-friendly and trendy lifestyles and has prompted especially the younger generation, to go Vegan. Meanwhile when featuring
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment