Sofia, the research student who was arrested following the police complaint lodged by BJP leader Tamilisai Soundararajan was released and thousands of people gathered outside the prison and gave her a send-off to home.
Sofia had been traveling from Chennai to THoothukudi in a flight, and TN BJP leader Tamilisai Soundararajan had been in the same flight, a seat before Sofia, and Sofia had raised a slogan Fascist BJP government down. Following this, there was a war of words between Tamilisai and Sofia, and after landing in Thoothukudi, Tamilisai got Sofia arrested and the court had ordered 15 days imprisonment.
After a petition was applied for bailing out Sofia, the hearing came to a bench headed by justice Tamilselvi, and she ordered an unconditional bail, following which Sofia came from the hospital, and thousands thronged to the hospital to welcome her. On the other end, there is widespread news that there are plans to block Sofia's passport.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open