Tokyo sources reported that at least nine persons have been killed by Typhoon Jebi, the worst storm to hit Japan in 25 years. Meanwhile it has left a trail of destruction across the west coast, hitting cities like Kyoto and Osaka. Furthermore as of Wednesday, evacuation advisories had been issued for more than 1.2 million people after the storm made landfall on Tuesday afternoon.
Moreover an official said as many as 3,000 people stranded at the Osaka's Kansai International Airport were being ferried by boat to another airport on Wednesday. Furthermore the travelers were stranded at the airport, which is built on an artificial island, after a tanker crashed into the bridge connecting it with the mainland and the airport had seen its runways and basements flooded and will remain closed all Wednesday.
As per report “Flights, trains and ferries were cancelled. The winds are
slowing down and moving north, but people are being urged to stay alert for
landslides and floods”. Further more than 30,000 people were given stronger but
still not mandatory evacuation orders, the Fire and Disaster Management Agency
said. Footage on social media showed the 100 metre tall ferris wheel in Osaka
spinning rapidly in the storm despite being switched off.
Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja! Due to the rampage caused by Gaja cyclone, Nagapattinam district's Vedaranyam area has become an island surrounded by water all over. The people residing in Vedaranyam are facing a tough time, as they are facing troubles even in getting food and water. Now the condition is that it requires more than 6 hours taking resources like food and water into Vedaranyam.
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches