Tokyo sources reported that at least nine persons have been killed by Typhoon Jebi, the worst storm to hit Japan in 25 years. Meanwhile it has left a trail of destruction across the west coast, hitting cities like Kyoto and Osaka. Furthermore as of Wednesday, evacuation advisories had been issued for more than 1.2 million people after the storm made landfall on Tuesday afternoon.
Moreover an official said as many as 3,000 people stranded at the Osaka's Kansai International Airport were being ferried by boat to another airport on Wednesday. Furthermore the travelers were stranded at the airport, which is built on an artificial island, after a tanker crashed into the bridge connecting it with the mainland and the airport had seen its runways and basements flooded and will remain closed all Wednesday.
As per report “Flights, trains and ferries were cancelled. The winds are
slowing down and moving north, but people are being urged to stay alert for
landslides and floods”. Further more than 30,000 people were given stronger but
still not mandatory evacuation orders, the Fire and Disaster Management Agency
said. Footage on social media showed the 100 metre tall ferris wheel in Osaka
spinning rapidly in the storm despite being switched off.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open