Qatar amended its residency laws on Tuesday to allow foreign workers to leave the country without exit permits from their employers, a provision which labor rights groups have long said should be abolished. Accordingly Doha is keen to show it is tackling allegations of worker exploitation as it prepares to host the 2022 soccer World Cup, which it has presented as a showcase of its progress and development.
Meanwhile most migrant workers would be able to leave the country without having to obtain permits from their employers under the law, said the International Labor Organization in a statement via its Doha office. As per report the ILO hailed the move as a "significant step" for gas rich Qatar, which committed last year to introducing sweeping labour reforms, including changes to the exit visa system.
Houtan Homayounpour, the head of the ILO office in Doha, which was set up
in April said "The ILO welcomes the enactment of Law No. 13, which will
have a direct and positive impact on the lives of migrant workers in Qatar”. Moreover
the official Qatar News Agency confirmed the adoption of Law No. 13, saying it
amended "certain provisions" of previous laws regulating the entry,
exit and residency of expatriates. Further it did not specify which provisions
or offer details on the changes.
A guy has registered his Sex as 'Neutral' A Dutch citizen has registered his gender as 'Neutral' at the Roermond’s Limburg District Court. The Dutch citizen won the case after he registered the case as he wished to register neither as a male nor a female. Even though the judges urge the lawmakers to recognize him as 'Third gender' he was persistent to take over it as 'Neutral'.
- First Ever Dog Park been inaugurated in Kondapur
- Mark monitors how much we use FB
- India is the highest recipient of remittances
- US labeled the Chinese Warship's Actions unsafe
- Toll Gate Charges hiked!
- Why Swami Paripoornanandha joined BJP?
- Transfer of a Govt school teacher is revoked
- RSS & BJP believe in totalitarianism: Owaisi
- A New Century luxury Sedan Car from Toyota
- PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- Train Bulldozes into a Crowd during Dussehra Festival in Amristar
- Donald Trump calls Congressman Gianforte an incredible Montana leader
- Nara Brahmani donated for Cyclone Titli affected areas
- Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm