Qatar amended its residency laws on Tuesday to allow foreign workers to leave the country without exit permits from their employers, a provision which labor rights groups have long said should be abolished. Accordingly Doha is keen to show it is tackling allegations of worker exploitation as it prepares to host the 2022 soccer World Cup, which it has presented as a showcase of its progress and development.
Meanwhile most migrant workers would be able to leave the country without having to obtain permits from their employers under the law, said the International Labor Organization in a statement via its Doha office. As per report the ILO hailed the move as a "significant step" for gas rich Qatar, which committed last year to introducing sweeping labour reforms, including changes to the exit visa system.
Houtan Homayounpour, the head of the ILO office in Doha, which was set up
in April said "The ILO welcomes the enactment of Law No. 13, which will
have a direct and positive impact on the lives of migrant workers in Qatar”. Moreover
the official Qatar News Agency confirmed the adoption of Law No. 13, saying it
amended "certain provisions" of previous laws regulating the entry,
exit and residency of expatriates. Further it did not specify which provisions
or offer details on the changes.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes