Chennai sources stated that nearly a month after the death of DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi, his elder son and expelled party leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday organized a silent march to his father's memorial at Marina Beach in Chennai to assert power in DMK. Meanwhile when challenging his younger brother and DMK chief MK Stalin, Alagiri who was accompanied by his supporters, claimed that majority of Karunanidhi’s followers are with him.
He was seen dressed in black, to condole Karunanidhi's death, the rally began from Triplicane and no public meeting or speeches are planned. Meanwhile after walking for a while, Alagiri hopped on to an open van, waving enthusiastically to cheer his cadres. Accordingly the expelled leader's followers from various districts held banners, which read "karam korpom kazhagam kappom,' (let us join hands and guard the party).
Furthermore Alagiri was expelled from DMK in 2014 for ‘anti-party
activities’ after he openly rebelled against his father for projecting his
brother as his successor. Further Alagiri had said that he would not accept
anybody but Karunanidhi as his leader. Moreover Alagiri claimed that he would
have over one lakh people in his march, which is widely being seen as a show of
strength by the rebel leader, where at least 1,000 police personnel have been
deployed along the route where Alagiri and his supporters will hold the rally
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!