Chennai sources stated that nearly a month after the death of DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi, his elder son and expelled party leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday organized a silent march to his father's memorial at Marina Beach in Chennai to assert power in DMK. Meanwhile when challenging his younger brother and DMK chief MK Stalin, Alagiri who was accompanied by his supporters, claimed that majority of Karunanidhi’s followers are with him.
He was seen dressed in black, to condole Karunanidhi's death, the rally began from Triplicane and no public meeting or speeches are planned. Meanwhile after walking for a while, Alagiri hopped on to an open van, waving enthusiastically to cheer his cadres. Accordingly the expelled leader's followers from various districts held banners, which read "karam korpom kazhagam kappom,' (let us join hands and guard the party).
Furthermore Alagiri was expelled from DMK in 2014 for ‘anti-party
activities’ after he openly rebelled against his father for projecting his
brother as his successor. Further Alagiri had said that he would not accept
anybody but Karunanidhi as his leader. Moreover Alagiri claimed that he would
have over one lakh people in his march, which is widely being seen as a show of
strength by the rebel leader, where at least 1,000 police personnel have been
deployed along the route where Alagiri and his supporters will hold the rally
P. Chidambaram questions KCR about providing 1 Lakh Govt Jobs Accordingly Rajya Sabha MP, Congress leader and former Finance Minister P Chidambaram questioned the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government in Telangana on the promises it made when it came to power in 2014. Chidambaram in a statement “Although this is a State election, Telangana is one of five States that are holding elections in November-December. Hence, these elections have acquired a national
- Can you guess who Winner of Telangana Elections is?
- Vijayashanthi upset for not having photos of Female Leaders in posters?
- Amit Shah accused Pinarayi government treating Ayyappa devotees like Gulag inmates
- USD 1.3 billion aid to Pakistan will remain suspended: Donald Trump
- TRS loses MP close to election!
- Father kills daughter brutally!
- Fresh revelations on dog meat controversy!
- Is Central govt watching Gaja?
- Chennai to get Rain for next 48 Hours
- What is the mood inside Janasena party?
- Konda Vishweshwar Reddy quits TRS, joins Congress
- Sachin says Sports & Education should go together
- Delhi faces Poor Air Quality in Mornings
- Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?