Once Parashuraam Jee came to Kailaash Parvat to visit Shiv Jee. Shiv Jee was sleeping so Ganesh Jee stopped him from going inside. A fight between them ensued at this. Ganesh Jee caught him with his trunk and hit him on the ground. This left him unconscious for some time. When he came into senses he threw his Pharasaa (axe) at Ganesh Jee. Ganesh Jee immediately recognized it as his father's weapon (his father gave it to Parashuraam), and received it with all his humility on his one tusk. This broke his one tusk and left with one tusk only.
That is why he is also called as Ekdant or Ekdanshtra means who has only one tusk. There is another story about his one tusk. Meanwhile a different legend narrates that when Ganesh Jee was asked to write down the epic of Mahabhaarat, dictated to him by its author, sage Vyaas, taking into note the enormity and significance of the task, he realized the inadequacy of any ordinary 'pen' to undertake the task. So he broke one of his own tusks and made a pen out of it. The lesson offered here is that no sacrifice is big enough in the pursuit of knowledge.
In the same reference, it is also said that as he
was writing Mahabharata, his pen broke, and he broke his one tusk to continue
writing. An ancient Sanskrit drama titled "Shishupaal Vadh", presents
a different version. Here it is mentioned that Ganesh Jee was deprived of his
tusk by the arrogant Raavan, who removed it forcefully in order to make ivory
earrings for the beautiful women of Lanka.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes