Once Parashuraam Jee came to Kailaash Parvat to visit Shiv Jee. Shiv Jee was sleeping so Ganesh Jee stopped him from going inside. A fight between them ensued at this. Ganesh Jee caught him with his trunk and hit him on the ground. This left him unconscious for some time. When he came into senses he threw his Pharasaa (axe) at Ganesh Jee. Ganesh Jee immediately recognized it as his father's weapon (his father gave it to Parashuraam), and received it with all his humility on his one tusk. This broke his one tusk and left with one tusk only.
That is why he is also called as Ekdant or Ekdanshtra means who has only one tusk. There is another story about his one tusk. Meanwhile a different legend narrates that when Ganesh Jee was asked to write down the epic of Mahabhaarat, dictated to him by its author, sage Vyaas, taking into note the enormity and significance of the task, he realized the inadequacy of any ordinary 'pen' to undertake the task. So he broke one of his own tusks and made a pen out of it. The lesson offered here is that no sacrifice is big enough in the pursuit of knowledge.
In the same reference, it is also said that as he
was writing Mahabharata, his pen broke, and he broke his one tusk to continue
writing. An ancient Sanskrit drama titled "Shishupaal Vadh", presents
a different version. Here it is mentioned that Ganesh Jee was deprived of his
tusk by the arrogant Raavan, who removed it forcefully in order to make ivory
earrings for the beautiful women of Lanka.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open