Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana cabinet will hold a crucial meeting on Thursday afternoon to take a decision on recommending dissolution of the assembly to pave way for early elections. Meanwhile the Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has convened the cabinet at 1 p.m. at Pragati Bhavan, his official residence which was beehive of activity since morning with the arrival of ministers and top officials.
Accordingly the cabinet will pass a resolution recommending to Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan to dissolve the Assembly. Meanwhile after the cabinet meeting, Rao will drive to Raj Bhavan to meet the Governor and convey the cabinet decision, said sources in the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS). Furthermore KCR, as TRS chief is popularly known, will address a news conference at 2.30 p.m. at the Telangana Bhavan, the party headquarters, to announce the cabinet decision and is also likely to announce first list of TRS candidates.
Reports added the Assembly term is till May 2019 and elections in normal
course would be conducted along with the Lok Sabha polls. Moreover TRS sources
said KCR chose September 6 for the key decision as he considers '6' his lucky
number, where TRS Election campaign Christened 'Prajala Aasirwada Sabha', will
be the first of 100 public meetings planned by TRS over the next 50 days and
Lok Sabha may not help it properly highlight welfare and developmental works
undertaken during the last four years.
AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal! Justice AK Sikri has rejected the central government position at the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT). CBI director Alok Verma was ousted from his post last week, with AK Sikri being an important member of the vigilance committee that was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and this was the committee that decided to remove
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!