Chennai sources stated that MK Alagiri had led a rally of supporters to pay homage to his father Karunanidhi at his resting place on the Marina. Meanwhile the 'mammoth' show of strength turned out to be a damp squib as the turnout fell far short of the promised one lakh followers and the rally only ended up showing on the TV screens the mercurial mood swings of the Madurai 'challenger' as he angrily pushed his men off him during the procession and snapped at reporters when they flung a couple of hurried questions at its close.
Meanwhile one of those questions was about the DMK leadership suspending 'Indiranagar' Ravi from the party after he turned up for his (Alagiri) airport reception when he arrived from his hometown Madurai on Monday. Alagiri said “There were 1.5 lakh people in his rally and he questioned will they expel them all (from the DMK)?” thereby making two tall claims that there were 1.5 lakh people in the rally, and, all those at Marina were DMK members flaunting their loyalty to him.
A DMK senior said “It’s just you, the media, who are excited about
Alagiri, his pronouncements and now this rally. We did not feel even a tiny
ripple of a pebble dropping”. Moreover he requested anonymity “because Thalapathi
(Stalin) has advised them against speaking about Alagiri, who is not a member
of our party”.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open