Chennai sources stated that MK Alagiri had led a rally of supporters to pay homage to his father Karunanidhi at his resting place on the Marina. Meanwhile the 'mammoth' show of strength turned out to be a damp squib as the turnout fell far short of the promised one lakh followers and the rally only ended up showing on the TV screens the mercurial mood swings of the Madurai 'challenger' as he angrily pushed his men off him during the procession and snapped at reporters when they flung a couple of hurried questions at its close.
Meanwhile one of those questions was about the DMK leadership suspending 'Indiranagar' Ravi from the party after he turned up for his (Alagiri) airport reception when he arrived from his hometown Madurai on Monday. Alagiri said “There were 1.5 lakh people in his rally and he questioned will they expel them all (from the DMK)?” thereby making two tall claims that there were 1.5 lakh people in the rally, and, all those at Marina were DMK members flaunting their loyalty to him.
A DMK senior said “It’s just you, the media, who are excited about
Alagiri, his pronouncements and now this rally. We did not feel even a tiny
ripple of a pebble dropping”. Moreover he requested anonymity “because Thalapathi
(Stalin) has advised them against speaking about Alagiri, who is not a member
of our party”.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections