The supreme court has issued orders that the Tamilnadu government itself can take the decisions on releasing the 7 people accused and jailed in connection to the Rajiv Gandhi murder case.
In connection to the murder of former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, 7 people including Sandhan, Perarivalan, Nalini, Robert Pious, Ravichandran, Jayakumar were given imprisonment, of whom Santhan, Perarivalan, and Murugan were given death sentence, while the rest were given life imprisonment. While the death sentence people had sent mercy petitions to the president. in 2014 it was reduced to life imprisonment.
Though the supreme court had let the government take the decision on releasing them and planned the same, the central government then had opposed their release, but now the Supreme court has said that the Tamilnadu government can take the decision on releasing them.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites