The section 377 which was against the rights of LGBT community has been scrapped by the Supreme Court in a sensational verdict pronounced today. This case was heard by an Indian constitutional bench, headed by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra. All the arguments on the case had been over by July 17 itself. As the verdict was pushed to a later date, today it was given, and this has been seen as an important day in the Indian legal history.
As per section 377 any sex which was unnatural, namely men - men and women - women was considered illegal, and this was against the rights of the LGBT community. Many organizations had been fighting against this bias for the past 15 years and in such a scenario only, after extensive analysis the historic verdict has been given.
In 2009, Delhi high court had given
a verdict favoring sex of any kinds for people above 18 years of age. But later
after opposition by several outfits, the Supreme Court cancelled the order.
Today, all the 5 judges of the bench together gave the verdict, and
decriminalized section 377, and thus the rights of LGBT were restored in
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam