Devotees, who intend to fast on the festival, get up early morning and take bathe. After wearing fresh clothes, they head to the nearest temple or offer prayers to the Lord at home. The prayers include singing aarti and chanting mantras including "Mam Sarvakarmsiddhaye Siddhivinayak Pujanmaham Karishye."
The devotees offer prasad to the deity and seek his blessings. The followers can either opt for nirjal vrat (waterless fast) or phalahar vrat (a diet). Apart from fruits, sabudana khichdi and curd rice, the devotees can eat sweets including til ka ladoo (sesame sweetmeat), gajak and rewari (sweets made of sesame and jaggery), along with tea and coffee.
People strictly restrain from non-vegetarian food
and alcohol. It is believed those who fast on this auspicious occasion are
blessed with health, wealth and prosperity.
Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction! Balapur Ganesh laddu has set a new record this year in the auctions as it fetched Rs.16.6 Lakhs! Srinivas Gupta of Arya-Vysya committee has owned the Laddu after a huge competition in this auction...
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!