Devotees, who intend to fast on the festival, get up early morning and take bathe. After wearing fresh clothes, they head to the nearest temple or offer prayers to the Lord at home. The prayers include singing aarti and chanting mantras including "Mam Sarvakarmsiddhaye Siddhivinayak Pujanmaham Karishye."
The devotees offer prasad to the deity and seek his blessings. The followers can either opt for nirjal vrat (waterless fast) or phalahar vrat (a diet). Apart from fruits, sabudana khichdi and curd rice, the devotees can eat sweets including til ka ladoo (sesame sweetmeat), gajak and rewari (sweets made of sesame and jaggery), along with tea and coffee.
People strictly restrain from non-vegetarian food
and alcohol. It is believed those who fast on this auspicious occasion are
blessed with health, wealth and prosperity.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code