Ganesh Chaturthi is one of the most celebrated festivals of Mumbai and for people planning to celebrate the festival by visiting pandals of Vinayaka here are some of the prominent places to visit to admire and experience the different themes and unique and colorful decorations in Mumbai.
1. Lalbaugcharaja Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav Mandal at Lalbaug is a very popular pandal during Ganesh chaturthi, and Lalbaugcha Raja is the one who
fulfils wishes of devotees and sometimes the people wait for nearly 24 hours to get blessings. This is the 84th year of the pandal and the theme is Gajraj Mahal, with deity decorated like Vishnu's Korma avatar.
2. Lalbaug Sarvajanik Utsav Mandal, in Ganesh Galli Is one of the oldest mandal in Lalbaug and is in its 90th year and people pay tribute to Dinanath Velling, who sculpted idols traditionally for Ganesh chaturthi. The pandal will replicate Sripuram Golden Temple in Vellore and deity of1985 idol will be brought wearing 5-kg gold necklace.
3. Keshavji Naik Chawl Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav Mandal, at Girgaum is in its 125th year And had hosted the legendary Lokmanya Tilak once. They have replicated Ganpatipule Temple at Ratnagiri.The youth at the mandal have planned to make 500 paper bags, with message based poems on conservation of trees, to be gifted to devotees with plant saplings.
4. Chinchpoklicha Raja also called as ChinchpoklichaChintamani, has an 18-feet Ganesh idol sculpted by Vijay Khatu and will replicate Mahishmati Darbar, from the epic Blockbuster Baahubali. The pandal is in its 98th year.
5. Azad Nagar Sarvajanik Utsav Samiti, Andheri called as Andhericharaja is usually frequented by popular celebrities and will have a replica of Ashtavinayak temples, which was sculpted by Ananta Shinde and Dharmesh Shah and it is in its 52nd year. Andhericharaja will sport the same look every year and is decorated with a 3.1 kg crown, done with donated gold from 3000 Mumbaikars during 50th year anniversary.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar