New Delhi sources stated that a poll panel of the Election Commission met yesterday at around 4:30 pm to discuss the possibility of conducting elections in Telangana, along with the elections in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile following the Telangana cabinet's decision to dissolve the Legislative Assembly, under the leadership of caretaker Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR), the EC is learnt to consider the idea of holding elections in the State.
Previously the Telangana Assembly elections were scheduled to be held in June, 2019, along with the general elections. Moreover yesterday, in a historic decision, CM KCR put an end to days of speculation over the possibility of advancement of elections in the State. Reports added the State Election Commission convened a meeting in Hyderabad yesterday, with the Collectors of the 31 districts to discuss on the basic needs and the readiness of voting equipment.
Furthermore in view of the usage of VVPAT in the
elections for the first time in Telangana, Telangana Chief Election Officer
Rajath Kumar and GHMC Commissioner Dana Kishore created awareness on the
equipment to the district Collectors.
Special Focus Hide
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know